NORTH WALES FIRE AND RESCUE AUTHORITY
Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 Sections 29, 30 and 31
Accounts and Audit Regulations (Wales) 2014
AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2017-2018
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
- Persons interested may inspect and make copies of the accounts of the North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority for the financial year 2017-2018 together with all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to those accounts. The appropriate address and times for this purpose are the Treasurer to the Fire and Rescue Authority, Bodlondeb, Conwy during the period Friday 3 August to Friday 31 August 2018 inclusive from Monday to Friday each week between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm.
- The auditor is the Appointed Auditor, Anthony Barrett, Wales Audit Office, 24 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9LJ.
- On or after Monday 3 September 2018, local government electors for the area to which the accounts relate will have the right to require the auditor to give them or their representative an opportunity to question him about the accounts and the right for them or their representative to attend before the auditor and make objections:-
- On the grounds that any item of account is contrary to law, that any person has failed to bring into account any sum which should have been so included, or that a loss has been incurred or deficiency caused by the wilful misconduct of any person; or
- With respect to any matter coming to the notice of the auditor in the course of the audit upon which he could make a report in the public interest.
- No objection may however be made unless the auditor has first received written notice of it and of the grounds on which it is to be made. At the same time as notice of an objection is sent to the auditor a copy of the notice must be sent to the undersigned at the address given.
Dated: 11 July 2018.
K FINCH FCPFA
Treasurer to the Fire and Rescue Authority
For details of the Authority's Financial regulations, see the documents below:
Members' Remuneration and Allowances 2016/17
Members' Remuneration and Allowances 2015/16
Members' Remuneration and Allowances 2014/15
Members' Remuneration and Allowances 2013/14
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2012/13
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2011/12
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2010/11
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2009/10
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2008/09
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2007/08
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2006/07
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2005/06
Allowances Paid to Authority Members 2004/05
Statements of Accounts:
Statement of Accounts 2016/17
Statement of Accounts 2015/16
Audit of Financial Statements Report
Statement of Accounts 2014/15
Statement of Accounts 2013/14
Statement of Accounts 2012/13
Statement of Accounts 2011/12
Statement of Accounts 2010/11
Statement of Accounts 2009/10
Statement of Accounts 2008/09
Statement of Accounts 2007/08
Statement of Accounts 2006/07
Statement of Accounts 2005/06
Statement of Accounts 2004/05
Pay Policy Statements:
National Fraud Initiative (NFI)
The National Fraud Initiative is a data matching exercise to assist in the prevention and detection of fraud and overpayments.
The Auditor General for Wales requires all local authorities under his powers in Part 3A of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, to provide information it holds for this purpose. The information is shared with the Wales Audit Office. As public bodies we are under a duty to protect the public funds that we administer and to this end may use the personal information you may have provided for the following purposes for the prevention and detection of fraud.
We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
For further information on the Auditor General's legal powers and the reasons why particular information is matched, see the Wales Audit Office web-site http://www.audit.wales//about-us/national-fraud-initiative.
The work complies with the The Code of Data Matching Practice of the Auditor General for Wales(http://www.audit.wales//sites/default/files/download_documents/The_Auditor_General's_Code_of_Data_Matching_English.pdf), which ensures personal information is protected appropriately during the process.